Wakefield College has teamed up with the Government to offer adults FREE* courses as part of a national campaign to boost the economic recovery and help fill the skills gap.
- Aged 19 or over and don’t hold a Level 3 qualification?
- Or; Earning under the National Living Wage or unemployed?
Wanting to re-train, upskill or change career? Then Wakefield College can help.
We have a range of courses in areas including accounting, construction, early years, engineering, health & social care, mental health and welding.
These Level 3 qualifications offer a practical, hands-on approach to learning.
*Free course eligibility criteria
- The College is only able to provide government funding or free courses to students aged 19+ who live within West Yorkshire at the start of their course.
- From April 2022 any adult in England who is earning under the National Living Wage or is unemployed will also be able to access these qualifications for free regardless of their prior qualifications.
Full course listings (please note, some of this information is aimed at school leavers and is to give an indication of the course content only - you’ll be given personalised information when you apply):
Business & Management Courses
Dental Nursing Courses
Early Years & Childcare Courses
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Advanced Welding Skills
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Coded Welding Practices
Health & Social Care Courses
Hospitality & Catering Courses