Along with the other protective measures we are taking, ‘lateral flow tests’ can help staff and students remain in College safely. Up to one third of people who have coronavirus experience no symptoms. By testing we will help to stop the virus spread and ensure face to face learning is as possible.
Although the test is voluntary, we are supporting the programme and encouraging all students and staff on site to take part.
If you have symptoms or feel unwell you must not attend College and you should book a PCR test instead.
On-site lateral flow testing for students – September 2021
First of all, we’d like to welcome you to Wakefield College, whether this is the first time you’ve studied with us or if you’re returning to continue your studies.
Your safety and that of our staff and all of our communities is of paramount importance, and that’s why in line with Government guidance, we’re offering you the opportunity to have two lateral flow tests at College, before continuing with home testing twice a week.
The tests are free, and quick and easy to do, and help us all protect each other. We’ll shortly be issuing a link to book tests and the process will be as follows:
- Select a convenient date and time and book your test via the link when it becomes available.
- Register with NHS Test and Trace to save you time when you come for your test: NHS Test and Trace registration link
- Come for your test.
- You will be notified of your result by text/email and should follow any instructions in the message.
- If you receive notification of a negative test, go ahead and book your second test for between three and four days after your first test. For example, if your first test was on Monday, then you should book your second for Thursday or Friday in the same week. If your test was on Thursday, then you should book your second for the following Monday or Tuesday.
- After having two tests at College, you should collect your free home testing kits from reception and continue testing at home twice a week. Most people find Wednesdays and Sundays work well for them.
Terms of consent
Thanks for helping to beat Coronavirus.
Have you tested positive?
Are you a currently a Wakefield College student and have been tested positive for Coronavirus? Then you must inform us immediately, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.