The government has removed remaining domestic restrictions in England but if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as COVID-19, and you have a high temperature or do not feel well enough to come to College or carry out normal activities, you are advised to try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people. We would suggest 5 days including the weekend as a guide, but this is down to individual circumstances and choice. The latest Government guidance can be found here. For the current local guidance visit the Wakefield Council website here.
There are also some simple things you can do in your daily life that will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections and protect those at highest risk. Things you can choose to do are:
- - wash your hands
- - cover your coughs and sneezes
- - clean your surroundings frequently
Face coverings and face masks can help reduce the chance of you spreading infection to others, especially in crowded and enclosed spaces, and may protect you from becoming infected by some respiratory viruses.
Have you tested positive?
Are you a currently a Wakefield College student and have been tested positive for Coronavirus? Then you must inform us immediately, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Five Steps to Safer Working Together
We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
Coronavirus (COVID-19) InformationRelevant Documents
Covid Secure measures have been put in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
News & EventsPodcasts
Listen to one of our podcasts, our latest focused on the lockdown.
News & EventsThe Feed
Interested in a particular subject area at College, then check out what our students have been up to.
Useful InformationHow to Apply
Applications for 2022 - 2023.
Useful InformationUseful Contacts
Need to speak to someone at the College, our useful number should help you.