Wakefield College - Faye

Case Studies

Faye

GNVQ Advanced in Engineering
The support and skill of the staff at Wakefield College helped me to gain the qualifications I needed to get a job I really enjoy.
Photo of
What Faye had to say...

Faye completed a GNVQ Intermediate, followed by a GNVQ Advanced in Engineering at Whitwood College, which is now known as Castleford College. She then progressed onto a Modern Apprenticeship with Linpac Plastics at Featherstone.

Following this, Faye spent two years studying for an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering while at the same time undertaking a Higher National Certificate in Electrical Engineering.

During her time at Whitwood College, which is now known as Castleford College, Faye’s achievements shone out. She was voted Engineering Student of the Year and won the Principal’s Award at the Women in Science and Engineering ceremony. Recognising her achievements on a national scale, Faye also won the Apprentice of the Year award and the Young Woman Engineer of the Year accolade in 2004.

Following her time at College, Faye trained to become an Engineer and has had a prosperous career in the sector, in which she has held roles at Yorkshire Water, National Grid, Siemens, Carlsberg and Unilever. She is preparing to start a new role as the Director of E&M at Vital Energi in April and is working towards gaining her PhD in Engineering.

“I’m extremely grateful to my lecturers who taught me at College, they recognised my talent in Engineering and instilled the confidence in me to pursue my passion. The support and skill of my tutors helped me to gain the qualifications I needed to get a job I really enjoy. I had a difficult start to life, but I truly believe you can achieve anything by working hard and believing in yourself."

About Faye

Studied Here:

2023