Wakefield College - Kodi

Case Studies

Kodi

Engineering Apprenticeship
The main reason I looked for an apprenticeship in Engineering is because I’ve always had an interest in maths and science and every day I am challenged with something I may not have come across before.
Photo of
What Kodi had to say...

I have a 4 year apprenticeship with Coca Cola Enterprises. The main reason I looked for an apprenticeship in Engineering is because I’ve always had an interest in maths and science and every day I am challenged with something I may not have come across before.

I attend college 5 days a week for the first year in order to gain the qualifications to allow me to progress through my apprenticeship, which includes practical days Monday to Wednesday, and we recently visited an engineering exhibition in Birmingham. This allows me to absorb the knowledge of more experienced people, but also gives me the opportunity to present what I’ve learnt. I’ve learnt so many transferable skills that I can take back to my work, which will hopefully lead to new and innovative ideas being created.

This year I was lucky enough to receive the Level 3 Apprentice of the year, at the Wakefield College Apprenticeship Awards, which I was honoured to receive as it shows young female engineers can have an important impact within the industry. I believe Wakefield College has supported me throughout my introduction onto the course and will continues to support me through the additional 3 years of my apprenticeship. It’s the perfect place to act as an ambassador for other females who are hoping to enter the industry and develops their skills every day. 

About Kodi

Kodi undertook the Engineering Apprenticeship with Coca Cola Enterprises, she also was the Level 3 Apprentice of the year winner 2016.

Studied Here:

2016